Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Would You Eat School Lunch Every Day?

Well, an "anonymous" teacher in the Midwest (Mrs. Q) is blogging about her adventures doing just that! If you want the mother load of info about school lunch, click here.

I swore when I started working in education that I would never eat school lunch and I haven't yet! I pretty much eat the exact same thing every school day:
5:00 a.m.: Banana
7:00 a.m.: Protein shake
10:00 a.m.: Kashi granola and Greek yogurt
1:00 p.m.: Apple and peanut butter
3:00 p.m.: Protein shake and fruit (usually grapes)
I then eat a family style dinner (almost always containing meat) and some form of "junk" food for dessert.

I have no idea if this is some perfect make up, I pretty much got lazy and this was easy to pack every day. I get the entire thing ready for the week every Sunday night. I avoid faculty "lounges" (I've never seen anyone lounge in there), don't drink any soda and try to keep it simple. My kids' packed lunches, however, are a complete joke. That is my goal for the new school year -- no more PBJ every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment