Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why is parenting so embarrassing?

This is more of a rant, but I've had quite a few not-so-stellar parenting moments recently. Last Friday I had to participate in a sign language competition against my son's kindergarten class and got my butt kicked -- not too surprising, since I hadn't practiced at all. Bryce asked me later -- how do they expect parents to practice, they have to work and cook? Later that night, I sat through 2 and a half hours of a play for the same child, just so he could sing a "song" that was five lines long with 50 other kids. Very frustrating! The next day, I took my kids to a talk about childhood nutrition at the museum that they did not want to attend. I ended up being coaxed into hula hooping in exchange for a pedometer which my children then stole and used to map out the local library. This really is a typical weekend for me! Oh, and I forgot to add that my teen-age son filmed my hula-hooping and threatened to post it on facebook, but I think he recognized that would be too embarrassing for him as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment